The lettuce was a little soggy, so what we had went to our worm farm and we had the bacon and tomato part on a very nice sprouted multigrain bread from Trader Joe’s.
- The sprouted wholemeal is $3.49 a loaf with 18 slices, or 39c per two slice sandwich
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used two per serve, or $1.68
- We used one kumato per serve or 58c
- Eggless mayo add another 15c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.80 and was pretty good.
Thursday night is ‘steak night’ so tonight we had dry aged NY Strip steak with butter-soy broccoli and red rice, which was new to us.
Despite more than 30 minutes on the stove, we felt the rice was a little undercooked, but it had a nice nutty taste.
- The dry aged NY Strip Strip cost $19.70 for 12oz or $9.85 per serve
- 12oz of broccoli florets were $2.29 or $1.15 per serve
- Rice adds 50c per serve
- Add 30c for soy and butter.
The Prather Ranch steak was, as always, excellent. The butter soy broccoli is always tasty but the undercooked rice let the meal down a little. Overall a decent meal for $11.80 per serve.