For a lunch variation we went back to our gyro/yeros meat.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
With ground pork in the freeze, it was time to revisit the Stir Fried Shanghai Noodles with Ground Pork and Napa Cabbage with some modifications. Bok Choy substituted for the napa cabbage and we used rice noodles.
The recipe makes four very generous serves.
- The pork came from our Prather Ranch meat delivery – 1 lb of ground pork cost $8.31 or $2.78 per serve
- The brown rice vermicelli retails for $2.49 or 63c per serve
- The various seasonings add around 30c per serve
- We used about half of the $1.49 mung bean sprouts or 75c per serve
- The bock choy is $1.79 for the pack, or 45c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $4.91 per serve for a filling and very tasty dish.