For lunch we had the remaining fried chicken, with Trader Joe’s Giant Baked Beans and some brown rice.
- Each 2 piece special is $1.79 and we had one each
- Trader Joes Giant Baked Beans in Tomato Sauce cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Basmati rice $1.69 and we used half tonight, or 43c per serve.
Lunch today cost $3.22.
Instead of staying at LACPUG for pizza we headed home after the break as Philip had a very early start next morning. We planned on salmon chowder but it would have taken too long to warm up, so we had smoked salmon bagels instead.
Philip had two bagels, which are averaged out below.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 50c per serve
- Instead of cream cheese we substituted a kefir dip with shallot that is $5.49 for the 8 oz pack. We used about 1/6 or 46c per serve
- Add 5c for capers.
Dinner tonight was quick and tasty. The kefir dip with shallot is definitely tastier than cream cheese. The meal cost $4.01.