Because of the public holiday Monday, Philip was back in Burbank today, quite near a Popeye’s! Even better, being a Tuesday there’s a drumstick/thigh special!
- Each 2 piece special is $1.79 and we had one each
- The large red beans and rice were $3.99 or $2.00 per serve.
Lunch today was $3.79 per serve.
After searching around for options – we had asparagus to use – Greg settled on Ricotta Gnocchi With Asparagus and Prosciutto. This is quick to cook and really delicious. It almost took more time to separate the prosciutto from its layer separating papers because the prosciutto is so thin.
- The asparagus was on special for $3.49 and we used half of it, or 88c per serve
- The gnocchi was$1.69 for the pack or 85c per serve
- Prosciutto was $3.99 or $2.00 per serve
- Half a pint of whipping cream cost $1.99 or $1.00 per serve
- Shaved parmesan to top the dish was $2.99 and we used about 1/3 or 50c per serve
- Lemons cost 79c or 40c per serve
- Add 15c for seasoning and garlic.
Tonights rather delicious meal cost $5.78 per serve. The addition of lemon zest and lemon juice elevates this dish.