Since Philip was in Burbank without time to eat between appointments, lunch was delayed until later, with Popeyes purchased on the way home. For some reason, the same order at Popeyes in Burbank is about $2.50 less than in Canoga Park or Simi Valley. Go figure.
- Two pieces of fried chicken at $2.50 each is $5.48 with tax
- Half the Large Red Beans and Rice is $2.19 with tax, per serve.
Lunch today cost $7.67 and is a favorite of Greg’s on his birthday.
Since we only used half of the large corned beef, another 1/4 went to this Reuben casserole, which makes six generous serves.
- Six slices of rye bread are roughly half the $1.99 loaf, or 17c per serve
- The 4+ lbs of corned beef was $38.30 but we used about 1/4 for tonight’s dish, or $1.60 per serve
- Trader Joe’s have a Sauerkraut with Persian Cucumbers which combines two ingredients for $3.99 a jar, or 67c per serve.
- Packaged, shredded Swiss & Gryere $4.99 or 83c per serve. Although we used the full packet, it was probably closer to three cups than four.
- A pint of half and half is $1.49 and half was used or 13c per serve.
- Organic eggs are 50c each or 25c per serve.
- We skipped the caraway seeds for taste reasons but the mustard adds another 15c per serve.
Tonight’s delicious meal was $3.80 per serve.