Even though we had it only a few days ago, we toasted an onion bagel each, and filled it with kumato, shallot, capers and smoked salmon. Delicious.
- An onion bagel is 50c
- Salmon was $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
- Add 25c for labne, shallot and capers.
Lunch today was generous and delicious for $3.75 per serve.
We had two thick cut pork chops from our Prather Ranch meat box so we decided to souse vide them and serve with Nigella Lawson’s White Bean Mash. We gave the pork chops a quick fry off in a very hot pan with some ghee before serving.
- The pork chops were $9.69 each
- A can of “store beans” was $1.00: two went into the recipe so $1.00 per serve
- The bubbie’s tomato is 20c per serve
- Add 10c for garlic and seasoning.
The pork chop was, as always, perfectly tender on the inside with a nice cut on the outside, but the white bean mash was disappointing. It looked nothing like Nigella’s version even though we followed the recipe closely. We think she missed something from the instructions, but the flavor is good, so next time we’ll try pushing the beans through a potato ricer. Tonight’s dinner cost $10.99 per serve.