Since we had smoked salmon on hand, we put it on an artisan flatbread, which we’d toasted, then smeared with labne, sprinkled with capers and shallots and spread with smoked salmon. Delicious.
- The artisan flatbread works out at $1.00 per serve
- Salmon was $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
- Add 25c for labne, shallot and capers.
Lunch today was generous and delicious for $4.25 per serve.
A classic “Thursday night, steak night” meal: rare rib eye with Caesar salad.
- We buy Prather Ranch meat because of the quality, no price so 12.8oz for $20.47 is definitely not the cheapest Rib Eye you can buy, but I doubt you’d find better meat for $10.24 per serve
- A pastured egg is 50c or 25c per serve.
- Seasonings ran about 45c per serve
- An organic lettuce cost $1.99 or $1 a serve
- Instead of croutons and cheese we used Trader Joe’s Oven Baked Cheese Bites which worked extremely well, for $1.25 per serve.
Tonight’s steakhouse quality meal was $13.19 per serve. The steak was exceptionally tender with a great beef flavor and the dressing is about the best Caesar salad dressing we’ve had, especially since we added a little more garlic than the recipe called for.