For lunch we went back to our gyro/yeros meat in a wrap
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
It’s been a while, and the weather is warm, so what better than a Cobb Salad? The egg was supposed to be hard boiled, but it turns out a coddled egg is perfect on a Cobb.
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack and we used about 1/3 or 58c per serve.
- You can tell by the deep gold yolk that these are pastured eggs: 50c each -one per serve – but worth it for the taste.
- Avocados are 65c per serve.
- The bacon was $6.99 for 12 slices, and we used 2 per serve, or $1.27 per serve
- The chicken breast came from our supermarket chicken, and is 88c per serve
- The organic baby plum tomatoes were $2.79 for the pack, but we only used half, or 70c per serve.
- Add 10c for the greens.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad cost $4.68 per serve.