Since we had smoked salmon on hand, we put it on an artisan flatbread that we also had left over. We toasted the flatbread, then smeared with labne, sprinkled with capers and shallots and spread with smoked salmon. Delicious.
- The artisan flatbread works out at $1.00 per serve
- Salmon was $5.99 or $3.00 a serve
- Add 25c for labne, shallot and capers.
Lunch today was generous and delicious for $4.25 per serve.
Foodie Greg had the idea of converting the puttanesca pasta into a warm salad as a side for ‘Thursday night steak night.’ Tonight’s steak was a rib eye from our Prather Ranch delivery.
The salad worked well, although we were a little heavy handed with the anchovies, so it was a little salty by itself, but with the unseasoned steak, it balanced nicely. The baby ravioli, from Trader Joes, were pretty boring.
- The steak was $20.47 or $10.24 per serve
- The ravioli with cheese was $2.99 and we used half, or 75c per serve
- Anchovies are $1.59 a can or 80c per serve
- The organic baby plum tomatoes were $2.79 for the pack, and we used the second half, or 70c per serve.
- Add 20c for garlic, oil and seasoning.
Tonights steak was – as always – extremely tender, which is why we eat it blue: uncooked inside, with a good crust seared on the outside. The pasta salad was flavorsome, and a good match for the steak. All in tonight’s meal cost $12.69 per serve.