Monday’s finds The semiSerious Foodies in different locations: Philip in Burbank eating In-and-Out while Greg has leftover Indian at home.
Averaging the two meals (there was only Baingan Bharta and rice with peas (peas pull0) left) gives an approximate cost of $4.15 each.
Tonight’s Slut’s Spaghetti is Nigella Lawson’s translation and interpretation of the classic pasta all puttanesca, or whore’s pasta. The name is thought to have come from ‘working girls’ who did not have time to shop or cook, throwing together a pasta dish from pantry items. How scandalous!
The recipe makes a generous four serves.
- Anchovies are $1.59 a can, or 40c per serve
- Garlic and seasonings add about 10c per serve
- The pasta was $1.29 or 33c per serve
- Canned tomatoes were $2.19 or 55c per serve
- A jar of pitted olives is $2.99 but only half is used in the recipe or 38c per serve
Dinner tonight cost $1.76 a serve.