Avocado on toast is almost a cliche. With Trader Joe’s Chilli Lime seasoning, and a fried egg on top we know why its so popular: it’s very good.
- Sprouted rye bread is 17c per slice, or 34c per serve
- A pastured egg is 45c or 90c per serve
- An avocado was 99c or 50c per serve.
Lunch today was tasty and cost $1.74 per serve.
The Soutzoukakia was such a success last time we had it, that we had to do it again. Instead of just adding canned crushed tomatoes, we used one can of fire roasted crushed tomato, and a can of Trader Joe’s Grecian Style Eggplant,Tomato and Onion. This is an excellent addition and it really elevated this dish. We cannot recommend it highly enough.
Tonight we served three.
- Dry aged 85/15 ground beef $8.69 or $2.90 per serve
- An egg is 45c or 15c per serve
- 8 oz Panko breadcrumbs are $2.99 and we used half, or 25c per serve
- Shaved Parmesan blend cost $2.99 but we used about 1/8 for this salad, or 13c per serve
- 1/4 cup and a tablespoon of red wine – halved – is 34c per serve
- Canned crushed tomatoes were $1.25 for the can, or 63c per serve
- The eggplant, tomato and onion is $2.69 or 90c per serve
- Onions, shallot and garlic adds 25c per serve
- Parsley was $1.49 for the bunch, but we only used 1/4 or 13c per serve
- Fresh mint came from our garden
- Tomato paste comes in a 90c can, but we used 1/8 or 5c per serve
- Add 30c for the spices
- Rice adds 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight was excellent: even better than last time. The addition of the eggplant mix was a step up. Tonight’s meal cost $6.54 per serve.