We heated up, split and served one of Trader Joe’s Quiche Lorraine with a simple side salad.
The quiche is $5.49 or $2.75 per serve.
Approaching Easter we always look to a baked ham, which we served tonight with rice pilaf and a strawberry, cucumber and balsamic vinegar salad that is a long term favorite. We shared the meal with a friend.
Ham at Easter and Christmas is about half price at Ralph’s/Kroger and we get a lot of meals from it. Tonight’s 10.42 lb ham cost $15.32 and we’ll get at least 14 serves.
- Ham cost $1.10 per serve (approximately)
- Brown rice, onion and seasonings add 95c per serve
- The strawberries were $1.50 or 50c per serve
- Persian cucumbers were 40c or 13c per serve
- Add 10c for balsamic vinegar.
Tonight’s very generous and tasty meal cost $2.78 per serve.