There’s a reason classic combinations are classics: they taste great! While bread and butter pickles, let alone picked cucumber, are not that common in the US they are very much part of our Australian heritage.
- Ham is $1.10 per serve, but we used a half serve each on the sandwich, or 55c per serve
- Par-baked roll is 63c
- The NZ cheddar is $5.99 for the pack of eight, one ounce slices, or 75c per serve
- Add 10c for your favorite pickle.
Lunch today was $2.03 per serve.
Apparently sheet pan meals are all the rage, so we revisited a favorite and served it with Trader Joe’s Bavarian Bratwurst. We took Nigella Lawson’s Double Potato Halloumi Bake but dropped the regular potato, which is bland compared to the rest of the dish.
- The bratwurst are $3.49 for the pack, or $1.75 per serve
- Halloumi $3.64 or $1.82 a serve
- We used peeled garlic, which is amazingly cheap or 12c per serve
- The whole red onion was roasted: 86c or 43c a serve
- Orange bell pepper four ways is 50c a serve
- Yam/Sweet potato was $1.03 or 52c a serve.
Tonights meal was excellent for $5.16. The bratwurst in the oven were crisp on the outside and a lot of fat had melted away, so it was the best these bratwurst have ever tasted.