With lots of ham on hand, a sandwich on sprouted rye bread, with New Zealand Cheddar and tomato was on the agenda.
- Ham is $1.10 per serve, but we used a half serve each on the sandwich, or 55c per serve
- Par-baked roll is 63c
- The NZ cheddar is $5.99 for the pack of eight, one ounce slices, or 75c per serve
- Add 10c for your favorite pickle.
Lunch today was $2.03 per serve.
A surprisingly ham free meal! We used the remaining mini ravioli that disappointed us recently, and surrounded it with a flavorsome Tomato Blue Cheese Sauce. Although the recipe is for six, we made just two serves.
- Canned tomatoes cost $2.19 or $1.10 per serve
- Organic baby spinach is $1.99 per bag but we used only half or 50c per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack but we used about 1/4 or 44c per serve
- Cream was $2.49 for a pint, or 63c per serve
- Add 25c for garlic, red pepper flakes and seasoning.
Tonight’s meat free meal was very tasty – the balance of acid from the tomato goes very well with the blue cheese – and cost $2.92 per serve