Greg went to Skewers Halal as part of a shopping trip. One chicken, one beef pita later, we were more than satisfied.
Today’s pockets were $9.60 each with tax.
Still thinking about using up ham, we thought we might use it instead of bacon on a cobb salad. So we did.
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack and we used about 1/3 or 58c per serve.
- You can tell by the deep gold yolk that these are pastured eggs: 50c each -one per serve – but worth it for the taste.
- Avocados are 65c per serve.
- The ham is $1.10 per serve
- The chicken breast came from our supermarket chicken, but there was only half a breast left and is 44c per serve
- The organic baby plum tomatoes were $2.79 for the pack, but we only used half, or 70c per serve.
- Add 10c for the greens.
Tonight’s Cobb Salad cost $4.07 per serve.