Although today was a Burbank Monday, a frantic schedule dictated taking a sandwich along.
- Ham is $1.10 per serve, but we used a half serve each on the sandwich, or 55c per serve
- Sprouted rye bread is 17c per slice, or 34c per serve
- The NZ cheddar is $5.99 for the pack of eight, one ounce slices, or 75c per serve
- Add 10c for your favorite pickle.
Lunch today was $1.74 per serve.
Dinner tonight was a new recipe for us: Greek-Style Tuna Salad. It was a light, refreshing change, served with/on par baked bread.
- Tuna in olive oil is $4.58 for two cans, or $2.29 per serve
- The organic baby plum tomatoes were $2.79 for the pack, but we only used half, or 70c per serve.
- Persian cucumbers were 40c or 20c per serve
- Black olives cost $2.40 or 60c per serve
- Add 45c for oregano, parsley, oil and lemon juice
- Par-baked roll is 63c.
Dinner tonight was a good, solid dish. Not one to set the world on fire, but one that we’ll revisit, for $4.87 per serve.