On the road to Las Vegas and the NAB show, we stopped at Zzyzx and had a wild caught smoked salmon, with labné, tomato, capers and thinly sliced red onion on a toasted onion bagel.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Labne is about 40c a serve
- We used one kumato per serve or 58c
- Add 15c for capers and shallot.
Lunch today cost $4.46 a serve.
Before heading for our traditional Sunday night steakhouse dinner with a friend, we were fortunate to experience the food of two MasterChef Junior contestants: Robbie Coblentz and Adam Wadhwani. Naturally the finger food was delicious.
We then dined at New York, New York’s Gallagher Steakhouse where our friend treated us to an amazing meal.