With little in the house, we needed a restock trip to Trader Joes, which lead to the quiche lorraine.
- The quiche is $5.49 or $2.75 per serve.
Among the remains of our Prather Ranch meat deliveries after skipping a month was a pound of ground pork. Add a pound of ground beef and it’s meatloaf time. Served with chipotle mashed sweet potato and steamed bok choy for some green.
The recipe makes four generous serves.
- The ground pork was $8.23 or $2.06 per serve
- The grass fed ground beef was $6.48 or $1.62 per serve
- A can of chipotle is $1.50 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Two sweet potatoes (yams) were $2.11 or 53c per serve
- The bok choy was $1.99 for the pack, and we used half, or 50c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner was both tasty and nutritious for $5.09 per serve.