An unexpected trip to Burbank was planned to co-incide with lunch, so we could pick up some Popeye’s Fried Chicken.
- 8 pieces of dark and spicy chicken is $9.99 or $2.70 a serve with tax per serve
- Half the Large Red Beans and Rice is $2.15 with tax, per serve.
Lunch today cost $4.85 per serve.
The meatloaf meal from last night was a double batch, so we repeated the meal tonight, but fried off the meatloaf which gave it a really nice maillard reaction on the surfaces. Served with the remaining chipotle mashed sweet potato and fresh steamed bok choy.
- The ground pork was $8.23 or $2.06 per serve
- The grass fed ground beef was $6.48 or $1.62 per serve
- A can of chipotle is $1.50 and we used half, or 38c per serve
- Two sweet potatoes (yams) were $2.11 or 53c per serve
- The bok choy was $1.99 for the pack, and we used half, or 50c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner was both tasty and nutritious for $5.09 per serve.