Since a trip to Whole Foods was in order, supermarket sushi became the preferred lunch option.
Sushi was $8.34 per serve.
We had ‘banked’ another discounted ham while they were in stock, and enough time has elapsed to cook it! Fortunately not spiral cut this time! We served with a mustard, sour cream sauce of Greg’s invention.
As a side, there was the Apple, Ginger, Lentil salad.
- The $10.72 ham will create at least 10 serves, or $1.07 per serve
- The lentils were $3.99 but the salad made six serves, or 67c per serve
- The organic Granny Smith apple was $1.52 our 25c per serve
- Limes were $1.56 or 26c per serve
- Add another 30c for ginger and oil.
Dinner tonight was excellent: the ham was juicy and flavorsome, the lentil salad surprisingly tasty and not mushy thanks to using French lentils. All for just $2.55 per serve.