For lunch we went back to our gyro/yeros meat in a wrap
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
With so much ham on hand, and leftover salad, it was time to revisit dinner from two nights ago. Instead of just slicing the ham, we reheated it in the stove top smoker, which added a nice extra touch.
The lentil salad was really six serves!
- The $10.72 ham will create at least 10 serves, or $1.07 per serve
- The lentils were $3.99 but the salad made six serves, or 67c per serve
- The organic Granny Smith apple was $1.52 our 25c per serve
- Limes were $1.56 or 26c per serve
- Add another 30c for ginger and oil.
Dinner tonight was excellent: the ham was juicy and flavorsome, the lentil salad surprisingly tasty and not mushy thanks to using French lentils. All for just $2.55 per serve.