For lunch we went back to our gyro/yeros meat in a wrap.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
The very last piece of Prather Ranch meat in our freezer got used tonight ahead of tomorrow’s new delivery! We skipped a month to catch up.
This last option was “fajita” beef: a quick cook, stir fry meat. We find the snap peas a better stir fry ingredient than broccoli for our Stir-Fried Beef With Snap Peas and Oyster Sauce.
- The ‘fajita’ beef cost $9.93 or $4.97 per serve
- Snow peas add $1.00 per serve
- The various sauce and marinade ingredients add $1.00 per serve
- Rice adds 50c per serve.
Dinner tonight was good, but less oyster sauce would have been better balanced. Dinner cost $7.47 per serve.