We still have a lot of ham remaining, so for lunch today we finished baking some par-baked sough dough rolls. When ready, we sliced and put cheese inside to warm and soften. Layer up with bread and butter pickles, and ham, with a smear of mustard and you have yourself a sandwich.
- Ham is $1.10 per serve, but we used a half serve each on the sandwich, or 55c per serve
- The NZ cheddar is $5.99 for the pack of eight, one ounce slices, or 75c per serve
- Add 30c for your favorite pickle.
Lunch today was $1.60 per serve.
A new delivery of Prather Ranch meat gave us some pork scallopini, so we took the hint and cooked it in a piccata sauce, borrowed from a chicken version. Served with a packaged Mushroom and Herb Risotto from Trader Joe’s to which he added 9 oz of shelled edamame.
- The scallopini cost $10.49 or $5.25 per serve
- The Mushroom and Herb Risotto was $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- The edamame cost $2.49 or $1.25 per serve
- Add 25c for capers and lemon.
Greg prepared the scallopini perfectly and the pilaf was created because the edamame. Foodie Greg has been playing with how many different ways “pork and beans” can be prepared. With the edamame and pork scallopini, we have another iteration!
Dinner tonight cost $8.00 per serve.