For something different we made spicy tuna melts on an onion bagel. A little toasted sesame oil gave it an Asian twist.
- An onion bagel is 25c
- The cheese is 63c a slice
- The can of tuna $3.19 or $1.60 per serve
- The vegan dressing (not mayo!) is $2.29 a jar but we used about 15c worth each serve
- Add 30c for the spring onion and celery per serve.
Lunch today was a nice change, and cost $2.93 per serve.
A new recipe for us, and another chance to use some ham, Cheesy Gnocchi Casserole with Ham and Peas turned out pretty well. The sauce was a little more liquid than we’d have liked, but it turned out to be quite tasty.
- Ham is $1.10 per serve
- The gnocchi was $1.69 or 85c per serve
- Chicken broth cost $1.99 for four cups but the recipe uses only 1/2 cup, or 13c per serve
- Shredded cheese mix was $3.49 for the pack but we used half, or 85c per serve
- Onion and seasonings add another 25c.
Dinner tonight was tasty and filling for $3.18 a serve. There were probably three serves in this preparation.