There remained four pieces of fried chicken from our last Popeye’s trip, so we ate it with some canned beans and rice. The chicken was good: the canned rice and beans was boring.
- 8 pieces of dark and spicy chicken is $9.99 or $2.70 a serve with tax per serve
- The canned rice and beans was $1.99 or $1.00 per serve.
Lunch today cost $3.70 per serve.
We cooked the Summer Corn Chowder recipe back in June and had frozen what was left. The soup should have been good, but it was overly sweet and we put off finishing it until now.
- Bacon is 30c per serve
- An onion is about 3c per serve
- Four cobs of fresh corn (tassels on) cost 39c each, average one per serve
- We used a mix of whole milk and half and half at $1.49 or 38c per serve
- The russet potato cost 74c or 19c per serve
- Add 5c per serve for seasoning
- We served with a par-baked roast garlic bread at $2.50 for the loaf, or 63c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $1.34 for the soup and 63c for the bread, $1.97 total.