Our attempt at Afghan take out was thwarted by a large ground arriving ahead of us, so we opted to use our ripe avocado on crisp bread: one with blue cheese crumbled, one with some ham. The blue cheese version was better.
- The crisp bread was $2.99 for a pack of 10, or 60c per serve
- A split serve of ham is 55c per serve
- An avocado was 99c or 50c per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack but we used only a fraction of the pack, or 27c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.92 per serve.
A nice warming beef beef massaman curry seemed appropriate with a cold snap upon us.
Beef massaman is warming without being too spicy. We use a curry base we buy from Amazon for this simple, quick meal for three.
- The “beef for stew” was $9.98 per pound, or $3.32 per serve
- The curry is $3.38 per can or $1.13 per serve
- Coconut milk is $1.69 per can or 57c per serve
- Peanuts were $2.99 but we only used half, or 50c per serve
- Potato adds 25c per serve
- The bunch of carrots was 89c but we used half in this dish, or 15c per serve
- The par baked bread is 63c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner was $6.63 per serve and very tasty. The substation of bread for rice worked well.