Another Burbank Monday and Foodie Philip was at In and Out for a Double Double Animal Style for $4.08 with tax.
A long term favorite of ours is Southern sausage, beans and rice.
The recipe makes four serves and it basically just involves cutting up stuff, opening a couple of cans, and cooking some rice!
- Onion, oil and garlic and seasonings about 15c per serve
- Each can of organic beans was 99c and we used three, or 50c per serve
- Instead of andouille sausage, we used an Applegate Farm sausage from Whole Foods for $8.99 or $2.25 per serve
- Chicken broth $2.29 or 38c a serve
- And the rice: 33c a serve.
Tonight’s dinner was simple, quick to prepare, tasty and only $3.61 per serve.