An experiment that turned out well: take a par baked roll and finish it in the oven; add neufchâtel cheese, sliced granny smith apple and some ham. It was really good. As well as the roll we did a crisp bread version.
- Ham is $1.10 per serve and we used less than half each or 55c
- The neufchâtel cheese is $1.49 for the pack, and we used less than half, or 38c per serve
- The apple was 96c and we used half, or 24c per serve
- The wrap is 50c per serve.
Lunch today was $1.67 a serve.
With two serves left over, we resisted the Southern sausage, beans and rice.
- Onion, oil and garlic and seasonings about 15c per serve
- Each can of organic beans was 99c and we used three, or 50c per serve
- Instead of andouille sausage, we used an Applegate Farm sausage from Whole Foods for $8.99 or $2.25 per serve
- Chicken broth $2.29 or 38c a serve
- And the rice: 33c a serve.
Tonight’s dinner was simple, quick to prepare, tasty and only $3.61 per serve.