For some variety on our chicken wrap, we swapped to an onion bagel sandwich with tomato.
- The onion bagel is 50c per serve
- The roast chicken is $9.99 for the bird, but we used 1/2 one breast, or 63c per serve
- We used one kumato, or 29c per serve
- Add 10c for vegan mayo.
Lunch today cost $1.52 per serve and a nice variation.
This month’s Prather Ranch meat delivery included three 6oz NY Strip steaks, and since we had a guest for dinner, we kept all three whole and cooked them on the griddle.
We served with Nigella Lawson’s Vietnamese Chicken Salad without the chicken!
- The steak was an average of $9.53 per serve
- The shredded green cabbage was $1.29 for the pack, or 33c per serve
- The ingredients for the sauce add another 35c per serve
- Organic mint came from our garden
- The bunch of carrots was 89c but we used half in this dish, or 15c per serve
- The limes for the dressing were 19c each (bargain) and we used four, but only about half the juice was used, leaving the rest for a later Gin and Tonic – 13c per serve.
Dinner tonight cost $10.49 per serve and was very good.