A change in Monday’s schedule had both foodies at home for lunch, so it was time to finish the Popeye’s chicken, and use up the last of the Vietnamese salad from last night.
- 10 pieces of dark and spicy chicken is $16.99 or $3.54 a serve with tax
- The salad is 96c per serve, but we shared one or 48c per meal.
Lunch today was $4.02.
With asparagus and roast chicken legs in the refrigerator Greg decided to prepare En papillote: in paper. A cream sauce of mustard, labné, and white wine based on Serious Eats Mustardy Salmon provides a moist environment for the asparagus to cook and the chicken to reheat.
- The chicken leg (thigh and drumstick) cost $2.75 per serve
- The asparagus was $4.07 but we used half, or $1.02 per serve
- Labné, wine and mustard add 45c per serve
- Wild rice blend ads 35c per serve.
Another advantage of cooking in a paper parcel: no washing up!
Dinner tonight was quick and easy and cost $4.57 per serve.