For lunch we went back to our gyro/yeros meat in a wrap.
- The fully cooked sliced gyro/yeros meat is $3.99 per 10oz pack. There are really four serves, so each serve is very slightly cheaper than the chicken, at $1.00 per serve.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50.
A return to a favorite: Crunchy Thai Salad. We simplified a little, leaving out the bock choy and cilantro and nuts.
In the past we’ve topped the salad with seared tuna, or rare steak, but tonight we tried some thinly sliced beef jerky from our Prather Ranch source. Sliced thin across the grain so it wasn’t ‘chewy’ in the salad.
- 3 oz of spicy beef jerky is $6.40 or $3.20 per serve.
- Snow peas are $3.99 and we used half, or $1.00 per serve
- Mint came from our garden
- An organic bell pepper was $1.63 and we used half, or 41c per serve
- Mung beans sprouts are 79c and we used a tiny fraction, or 10c per serve
- A Persian cucumber is 97c, or 24c per serve
- Green onions cost 79c for the bunch and we used about 1/3 or 14c per serve
- Add 30c for the dressing ingredients.
This is an amazing salad, and the beef jerk added an interesting texture and beef flavor to the dish. Dinner tonight cost $5.39.