As we still had some Popeyes chicken, we reheated that and served with a homemade coleslaw.
- 10 pieces of dark and spicy chicken is $16.99 or $3.54 a serve with tax
- Shredded cabbage was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- The carrots adds 22c per serve
- Add 15c for dressing ingredients.
The chicken reheats well, and coleslaw is a traditional partner, for $4.56 per serve.
A new recipe for us: Roasted Eggplant and Brown Rice Bowl with Turmeric Tahini.
- The eggplant was $2.22 or $1.11 per serve
- Brown rice adds 35c per serve
- Pomegranate jewels cost 99c for the pack, but we used only 1/3 or 17c per serve
- Shelled edamame was $1.29 but we used only 1/8 or or about 10c per serve
- Add 50c for sauce ingredients.
Dinner tonight was tasty and satisfying, and a nice no meat balance to a fried chicken lunch, for $2.23. It was certainly colorful!