Foodie Philip was in Burbank and had lunch with a friend at a Japanese restaurant, where the ‘Sushi and Sashimi’ lunch special was the choice. Lunch was $23.48 with tax and tip.
Foodie Greg’s lunch cost $1.66.
This is a great ‘recipe’ to use when you have lots of left-over vegetables from other dishes. The givens in this version are the yakisoba noodles and ground pork. We had carrot, snap peas and cabbage remaining, so that’s what went in.
We used the flavor pouch from the noodles, but it was a serious disappointment. I think we should have put together an Asian style dressing of our own.
- One pound of ground pork from our Prather Ranch delivery cost $7.99 or a generous half pound of pork per serve for $4.00
- The pack of baby spinach was $1.99 or 50c per serve from what was remaining
- The shredded green cabbage was $1.29 for the pack, or 33c per serve
- The bunch of carrots was 89c but we used half in this dish, or 22c per serve
- Left over sugar snap peas or 50c per serve
- The noodles are $3.19 for the pack, or $1.60 per serve.
Dinner tonight needed a little more ‘zing’ to the sauce, as I’d hope for a little better for $7.19 a serve.