Seeking some variation on our short list of lunch ideas, we changed it up using our supermarket roast chicken with guacamole and tabouli.
- This time only the smaller $7.99 chickens were available so each quarter is $2.00, or $1.00 per serve of half a chicken breast
- The baguette was 89c or 45c per serve
- Tabouli is $2.69 for the container, and we serve 1/4 each, or 68c per serve
- The guacamole was $3.49 and we used 1/4 or 44c.
Lunch today was pretty good for $2.57, although we’ve had better baguettes.
Our Prather Ranch meat box arrived and we immediately pulled out a very thick cut dry aged NY strip steak that we seared on the griddle (over our induction cooktop).
Served with a salad of mixed greens that included beet leaves, smoked beets and a soft cheese.
- The NY Strip Steak was $19.99 or $10 per serve
- The salad green mix was $1.69 or 85c per serve
- Smokey BBQ beets were $2.50 (on special) or $1.25 per serve (and worth is on special)
- We were hoping for cotija cheese but had to settle for a different Mexican cheese, without as much flavor for $2.79, of which we used about 1/3 or 47c per serve.
Dinner tonight was good, and would have been better if we’d found cotija cheese, for $12.57 per serve.