Uncertain of what to have for lunch, we decided on smoked salmon on an onion bagel.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- The pack of six onion bagels is $1.99 or 33c per serve
- Instead of soft cheese we used a kefir dip with shallot that is $5.49 for the tub, but we used only 1/10 per serve or 55c
- A Persian cucumber is 65c or 33c per serve
- Add 15c for capers and shallot.
Lunch today cost $4.36 a serve.
Think cut heritage pork chops just taste better, as the fat hasn’t been bred out of the heritage breeds. Paired with a melon, cucumber and feta salad they make a very satisfying meal, although we’re still somewhat skeptical that a honeydew melon makes a good salad ingredient.
- The pork chops were $10.19 or $5.10 per serve
- The honeydew melon was $5.00 or $2.50 per serve
- The cucumber was 65c or 33c per serve
- The feta in brine was $6.50 and 1/4 went into this salad, or 82c per serve
- The mint came from our garden.
The pork chops were perfectly cooked on our griddle and the whole meal came to $8.85 per serve.