With a chicken breast still remaining, we reverted to chicken wraps for lunch.
- The flatbread is 50c per serve
- The roast chicken is $7.99 for the bird, which works out at $1.00 per serve
- We served 1/4 of the tabouli salad or 67c per serve
- Hummus is $3.99 per container and we used about 1/6 or 33c per serve.
Lunch today cost $2.50 per serve.
Our meat box had a Boston Butt included so pulled pork it is! Paired with Esquites (Mexican corn salad) and white rice to absorb the run-off from the pork. Yum.
- At $21.04 for just over 2 lbs it makes six good serves, or $3.50 per serve
- Onion and garlic for the pork adds 25c per serve
- Chicken stock adds 14c per serve
- White rice adds 35c per serve
- For the corn we used Trader Joes Fire Roasted frozen corn to get grill flavor, which cost $2.49 for a pound, and made four serves, or 63c per serve
- Unfortunately we couldn’t find cotija cheese, so we settled for a different Mexican cheese, without as much flavor for $2.79, of which we used about 1/3 or 23c per serve
- 1 lb of limes we $1.29 and we used 1/6 or 5c per serve
- Add 30c for seasoning and oil
- Add 30c for the pickled onion.
Dinner tonight was excellent for $5.75. The esquites would have been better with cotija but it was still really good.