Sunday lunch deserves to be special, and eggs are associated with breakfast, so smoked salmon scrambled eggs on rye toast completely met the brief!
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- Pastured eggs are 50c each, or $1.00 per serve
- A shallot adds 10c per serve
- The rye toast adds 33c per serve.
Lunch was delicious and cost $4.43 per serve.
After an extravagant lunch, a simple dinner of the remaining chicken legs steamed over brown rice pilaf perfectly fit the bill.
- The thigh and drumstick from the supermarket roast chicken are $2.00 per serve
- Brown rice is 50c per serve
- Shelled edamame was $1.29 or 65c per serve
- We used water instead of broth
- The left over esquites was a single serve split between us, or 73c per serve.
Dinner tonight was a simple, but tasty meal for $3.88 per serve.