Finish a par-baked panini roll and the stuff it with home made pulled pork and top with pickled onion!
- Par-baked roll is 55c
- A serve of pulled pork is $3.89 or $1.95 per serve
- Pickled onion or bread and butter pickles adds 20c per serve.
Lunch today was tasty and cost $2.70 per serve.
It’s been a long time since we’ve had Jambalaya – either at home or out – and this recipe avoids the “stuck to the bottom” problem a lot of jambalaya suffers from, by cooking in the oven.
We dropped the chicken, but used a chicken andouille sausage and fresh shrimp, which is added fresh for each meal. It turned out well.
We made a half batch, which makes four serves
- 1 lb of shrimp is $6.99, but we only used half, or $1.75 per serve
- Instead of andouille sausage, we used an Applegate Farm sausage from Whole Foods for $8.99 or $1.13 per serve
- Canned fire roasted tomatoes cost $1.69 or 43c per serve
- Bell pepper was $1.00 or 25c per serve
- Scallions, onion, garlic and herbs adds 35c per serve
- Tomato paste adds 12c per serve
- Rice adds 35c per serve.
A satisfying, if a little hot in this iteration, meal with perfectly cooked shrimp, which was achieved by waiting until the meal was ready, then adding the peeled shrimp to the top and back in the over for 5 minutes. Not bad for $4.38 per serve.