Foodie Greg picked up a baguette from Jon’s, along with some liverwurst, an avocado and a roast chicken. Add some cheddar from the fridge and we have a feast!
- The baguette was $2.69 and we used about half for lunch, or 68c per serve
- BBQ chicken was $6.99 or 88c per serve
- The avocado was 99c or 50c per serve
- Liverwurst runs at $4.61 and we used 1/3 for lunch or 77c per serve
- Irish cheddar is $3.99 but we used under 1/4 or 50c per serve.
Lunch today was varied: chicken and avocado; cheese and tomato relish; liverwurst and cost $3.33 per serve.
We pulled out our last steak from this month’s Prather Ranch delivery, and served the NY Strip with a garden salad, mostly from ingredients we still had in the cupboard or refrigerator.
- The dry aged NY Stip was $20.49 or $10.25 per serve
- Tomatoes were $2.79 and we used about half, or 70c per serve
- The pecans cost $3.99 and we used half, or $1.00 per serve
- Blue cheese crumbles are $3.49 for the pack but we used about 1/4 or 44c per serve.
- Lettuce adds 15c per serve.
Dinner tonight was a typical steak and salad dinner: tasty and nutritious without being ‘amazing’ for $12.54 per serve.