The return trip from Chicago also involved airport food, and the breakfast English muffin sandwich was probably the worst airport food I’ve ever had. Muffin not toasted and dry, an overcooked egg, spare overcooked bacon and boring cheese does not make for a satisfying meal for $6.53 with tax.
- The pork scallopini was $11.19 or $5.60 per serve
- Baby spinach was $2.69 but we used half, or 68c per serve
- Rice adds 33c per serve
- A bag of Meyer lemons out $3.99 and we used half, or $1.00 per serve
- Chicken stock adds 14c per serve
- Add 10c for capers and parsley
- Cultured salted butter is $2.99 per 8oz block, and six tablespoons is half the block or 75c per serve.
Tonight’s dinner was very tasty, particularly because of the piccata sauce, and cost $8.60 per serve.