As we still have pulled pork left over, we finished baking some rustic par baked rolls and stuffed them with reheated pork and some ceviche onion.
- Par-baked roll is 63c
- We shared one serve of the pulled pork, or $1.68 per serve
- Add 5c for ceviche onion.
Lunch today, as it always is with this combination, was delicious for $2.36 per serve.
Muffaletta Pasta Salad, a.k.a. meat salad, has been a regular for a couple of years, from the days we went to the Hollywood Bowl somewhat regularly. In the purest form it has multiple meats, but we simplify to salami alone.
Tonight we served with cheese tortellini from Trader Joe’s, which was probably one of the most boring tortellini we’ve ever had. We’ll be using another past next time.
The recipe as we prepared it serve three, as neither of us finished more than half our serve.
- The tortellini was $2.29 or 76c per serve
- The salami was $4.49 but we only used half, or 75c per serve
- A bell pepper is 99c or 34c per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 25c per serve
- Add 55c for the sauce ingredients.
Dinner tonight was more than we could eat and, despite the boring tortellini, was tasty for $2.65 per serve.