Once again we shared two different sandwiches: Roast Beef with Tabouli and garlic mustard aioli; Cheddar and Branston pickles.
- The sprouted wholemeal is $3.49 a loaf with 18 slices, or 39c per two slice sandwich
- The top sirloin was $5.99 per serve, but we used about 1/4 of a serve and shared it, or 75c a serve
- The garlic mustard aioli is $2.49 for the jar, and we used 1/8 or 17c per serve
- Tabouli is $2.69 but we used 1/8 or 17c per serve
- The sliced yoghurt cheese is $4.79 a pack of 12 slices, or 80c per slice or 40c per serve
- Branston pickles add another 18c per serve.
Today’s sandwiches were both pretty good and cost $2.06 per serve.
What could be more American than fried chicken! Served with a very American salad – Ranch BBQ – and bubbly, it was a perfect July 4 meal.
- 10 pieces of dark and spicy chicken is $15.25 or $3.81 a serve with tax, because Philip had three pieces.
- The BBQ Ranch salad kit was $3.49 or $1.75 per serve.
Tonight’s meal was tasty, although the salad was not the best we’ve had, for $5.56 per serve.