We had a new ‘sardines in oil’ to try, and an almost perfect avocado, so we made sardine and avocado sandwiches, which worked way better than when we used to put the same combination on an English muffin. The sprouted wholemeal bread seemed to blend better.
- Two slices of bread are 39c
- Smokey sardines in oil is $1.69 per can or 85c per serve
- The avocado was $1.29 or 65c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.89 per serve.
Time to finish the Popeye’s fried chicken from Monday, along with some canned Cuban beans and white rice.
- 10 pieces of dark and spicy chicken is $15.25 or $3.05 a serve
- Canned Cuban beans we 99c or 50c per serve
- White rice adds 30c per serve.
Dinner tonight was satisfactory for $3.85 per serve. The Cuban beans were quite tasty, although next time we’ll probably add some Worcestershire sauce to add umami and a little acid.