We still have pulled pork? Let’s warm it and put it in a hot bread roll fresh from the oven. So we did.
- Par-baked roll is 63c
- We shared one serve of the pulled pork, or $1.90 per serve
- Add 5c for ceviche onion.
Lunch today, as it always is with this combination, was delicious for $2.36 per serve.
A little while back we had a pot sticker stir fry, where the store-bought dumplings were the best part of that meal. Greg decided to create a soup version so the pot stickers wouldn’t stick!
Take some chicken broth, add some soy sauce, bok choy, rice wine vinegar, garlic and other seasonings and heat the pork dumplings. A combination that allowed the dumplings to shine, with a flavorful background in the broth.
- The dumplings were $2.99 or $1.50 per serve
- Organic chicken broth was $1.99 and we used half, or $1.00 per serve
- Baby bok choy is $1.99 and we used 1/3 or 33c per serve
- Add 15c for other seasonings.
Dinner tonight had good flavor from both the broth and dumplings, for just $2.98 per serve.