We needed to go to IKEA to pick up some tiles for our latest outdoor project, so naturally we made a food ‘adventure’ out of it and shared lunch there with a friend, who paid for our meal.
Who’d have thought that roasted eggplant with a red pepper relish would be so delicious. The eggplant was buttery smooth inside, and the relish added a piquant and flavorful note to the meal, especially since we used half an heirloom tomato as the base. The relish would also be good on fish. An orange pepper substituted for the red, as there were no red available.
We ended up throwing out a third serve.
- The eggplant was $2.04 pr $1.02 per serve
- The – rather large – heirloom tomato was $3.59 or 90c per serve
- The bell pepper was 99c or 50c per serve
- Add 25c for chia, onion and red wine vinegar
- Brown rice vermicelli was $2.49 for the pack and we used under half or 63c per serve.
Dinner tonight was very tasty, had a good combination of texture and taste for $3.30.