We were on our way back from a home improvement store trip, so we stopped in at The Country Deli for lunch. Philip had his usual marinated skirt steak, eggs over easy and home fries, while Greg had a pastrami on rye with steak fries.
The minimum wage improvement put prices up a fraction, so the average was $21.57 per serve.
Because we’d had such a generous lunch, we decided to swap out day around and have “lunch for dinner,” i.e. mixed sandwiches.
We had half the pastrami on rye to share (included in the lunch costing) and added a heirloom tomato and mayonnaise sandwich, and a egg salad with watercress sandwich that we shared.
- The sprouted rye bread is are 39c per two slice serve
- Mayonnaise dressing is $2.29 or 12c per serve
- The heirloom tomato was $3.59 and the sandwich took about 1/3, or 60c per serve
- Egg salad – two eggs and mayonnaise – costs $1.12 but we only used half, or 56c per serve
- Watercress adds 20c or 10c per serve.
Dinner tonight was satisfying, with a nice variety of flavor between the sandwiches, and cost $1.77 per serve.