Time to finish the last of the pulled pork from this batch? Let’s warm it and put it in a hot bread roll fresh from the oven. So we did.
- Par-baked roll is 63c
- We shared one serve of the pulled pork, or $1.90 per serve
- Add 5c for ceviche onion.
Lunch today, as it always is with this combination, was delicious for $2.36 per serve.
Another summer salad that doesn’t involve ‘leafy greens’: Feta and Eggplant pasta salad. Roasting the eggplant reduces it to almost an ‘essence’: without the water there’s not much to an eggplant!
Two of the three diners loved this dish. One felt the balance of pasta to eggplant was wrong, even though we used only 3/4 of the recipe’s amount of pasta. The creamy feta ‘sauce’ had great flavor thanks to the Valpresso feta generously applied.
- The feta in brine was $6.50 and 1/4 went into dinner, or 41c per serve
- The pasta was $1.29 or 33c per serve
- Eggplant was 99c or 25c per serve
- Organic parsley was $1.49 and 1/2 went into this recipe or 19c per serve.
A very tasty, meat-free meal for $1.18 per serve. Foodie Philip thought it would be better with more eggplant, less pasta and perhaps anchovies added to the dressing for more umami.