Our quest for interesting sandwiches continues. Today we finished the beefsteak tomato in a sandwich with vegan ‘mayonnaise’ and paired it with a shared ham, cheese and mustard sandwich. Both on sprouted rye bread.
- Two slices of bread are 39c
- Mayonnaise dressing is $2.29 or 12c per serve
- A tomato is 60c or 30c per serve
- 12 slices of ham are $3.69, we shared two or 31c per serve
- 12 slices of yoghurt cheese are $4.79 and we shared one or 20c per serve
- Add 15c for the mustard aioli.
Lunch today cost $1.47 per serve. The tomato sandwich was our favorite of today’s.
A new recipe – Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Soy Sauce and Butter – was paired with shrimp in the stir fry and served on a bed of rice noodles.
- 1 lb of shrimp is $6.99 (on special), but we only used half, or $1.75 per serve
- The pack of bok choy is $1.99 but we’d used half, or 50c per serve
- Butter is $3.99 for 8 oz and there is half an ounce in a tablespoon, or 13c per serve
- Add 25c for soy and oyster sauces
- Rice noodles are $3.56 per 14oz box, we used about 1/2 of the box, or 90c per serve.
The butter-soy combination is hard to beat as a sauce and with the bok choy and shrimp it all worked very well to create a salty, buttery meal with perfectly cooked shrimp for $3.53 per serve.