More sandwich experiments. The silverside (corned beef top round) was paired with spicy labné, which sounds unusual but was very tasty. For the other sandwich we opened a pouch of Thai style tuna and complemented it with some watercress. Both sandwiches were very successful and will be repeated.
- Two slices of bread are 39c
- Mayonnaise dressing is $2.29 or 12c per serve
- Add 10c for watercress
- The corned beef top round – a.k.a. silverside – was $8.03 but we used only 1/8 or 50c per serve
- The tuna pouch is $1.50 o r 75c per serve.
Lunch today cost $1.86 per serve.
With the hot weather continuing, the focus remains on cold salads. Since it was so successful last time, we returned to the Greek style tuna salad the we enjoyed last month.
Tonight was also the first night the Foodies ate on the new outside terrace.
- A can of yellowfin tuna costs $2.29 and we averaged one each serve
- Persian cucumber cost 35c or 17c per serve
- A bell pepper is 99c or 50c per serve
- Tomatoes were $2.79 and we used about half, or 70c per serve
- Pitted olives come in $2.99 jars and one quarter was used, or 25c per serve
- 1 lb of limes we $1.29 and we used 1/4 or 17c per serve
- Add 25c for the seasonings.
This salad exceeded our expectations. It was much more tasty than the simple ingredients would suggest and it comes in at $4.33 per serve.