A trip back from a class in Burbank came directly past a Popeye’s, so what were we to do?
- 10 pieces of dark and spicy chicken is $15.25 or $3.05 a serve with tax
- Half the Large Red Beans and Rice is $2.17 with tax, per serve.
Lunch today cost $5.22 per serve.
Another in a series of Cobb Salad variations, this time with smoked salmon as the primary protein. Feta cheese seemed like a better combination than blue or cheddar.
This was an excellent salad.
- Smoked salmon $5.99 for the 4oz pack or $3.00 a serve
- A pastured egg is 50c (only on special)
- Bacon end pieces were $3.99 and we used less than 1/4 or 50c per serve
- The cherry tomatoes were $3.49 and we used about half, or 88c per serve
- Add 20c for shredded iceberg.
- The avocado was $1.49 or 75c per serve
- The feta in brine was $6.50 and 1/4 went into dinner, or 41c per serve.
This is a great variation on a Cobb, and the feta was the right choice. A great mixture of salty, fresh, creamy and egg for $6.24 per serve.